A native of Houston, Texas, Brooke A. Usher holds a B.B.A. in Marketing from Wichita State University, where she received a scholarship to play women's fast pitch softball for the Division 1, NCAA, Lady Shockers. Brooke graduated with high honors and received the prestigious award of Senior Honor Woman of the Year for her outstanding academic achievement and involvement in various on campus and community programs including her position as a senator in the student government association all while maintaining a rigorous travel schedule as the starting second baseman for the Shockers for all four years. Brooke credits her character for the utmost commitment and the competitive drive that she now provides to her clients as a lawyer from the principles and values that were instilled in her from years of playing competitive softball at the collegiate level.
Brooke received her Juris Doctorate with high honors from the University of Mississippi School of Law, in Oxford, Mississippi (Ole Miss) where she was a member of the Child Advocacy Clinic serving as a Guardian ad Litem and practicing law her third year of law school under the supervision of the clinical attorney. Brooke also was a legal research assistant to professor Benjamin Cooper for legal ethics law review articles published in 2009 and 2010.
In 2011, Brooke began working as an associate for the civil defense litigation firm of Upshaw, Williams, Biggers & Beckham LLP in Mississippi for several years before joining the Nashville legal community in January, 2014 to continue to expand her legal career and family law practice. Brooke established Usher Family Law, PLC in December 2015 to expand her solo practice specializing in family and domestic litigation in the Nashville and surrounding Davidson County areas. Brooke has a passion for protecting her clients to the fullest degree in all domestic litigation scenarios and providing clients with the security of knowing their lawyer is going to protect their interests. Brooke understands the various aspects of divorce from legal to emotional obstacles and strives to take care of her clients and assist them in all aspects of divorce, child custody, child support and many other types of family law issues.
• Tennessee, 2011
• Mississippi, 2011
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 2011,
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi; 2011,
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; 2011
• J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law, Cum Laude, 2011
• B.B.A., Wichita State University, NCAA Div. 1 Women’s Softball 2003-2007 - Cum Laude
Awards & Recognitions
• 10 Best for Client Satisfaction - 2016, 2017-American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
• Top 10 Attorneys under 40 - 2016- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
• Best Child Support Attorneys in Nashville- Expertsise.com 2017
• Tennessee Bar Association
• Nashville Bar Association
• Mississippi Bar Association
• TBA Young Lawyers Division
• Law Association for Women- Marion Young Chapter
• Domestic Relations Committee Nashville Bar Association
• Ethics Committee Nashville Bar Association
• American Institute of Family Law Attorneys -Member
• National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - Member
• Belmont University School of Law American Inns of Court -Member
• The Troubadour Society of Country Music Hall of Fame - Member
• West End Community Church- Member, Sunday School Teacher
"Realizing you may need an attorney for a family law matter can be one of the most uneasy and stressful feelings a person may ever experience. In my practice, I strive to take care of my clients so that they can rest easier knowing there is someone on their side protecting and fighting for their best interests. If you are considering retaining legal counsel for any family law matter, or need help to determine your legal options with regards to divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, modifications of previous court orders, or any other legal matters please call today to set up your free consultation.
Divorce and child custody proceedings can have long-lasting effects emotionally as well as financially, which is why it is extremely important to your future to hire the right attorney now.
I know the importance of family. Let me protect yours."
- Brooke A. Usher
Usher Family Law, PLC
Communicating with Usher Family Law,, PLC through this website, email, live chat, or otherwise does not create an attorney-client relationship for any legal matter for which we do not already represent you. Accordingly, your communication may not be treated as confidential. If you are interesting in having Usher Family Law represent you in a matter, please call us. Before accepting the representation of your matter, we will need to ensure that doing so does not create a conflict of interest.
Nashville, Tn 615.345.6611